Bullying, Racial and Sexual Harassment
When staff come across students bullying one another, incidents of racism, sexism or inequality then, staff are under a legal obligation to report the incident. They must be reported to the relevant Heads of Year as a matter of course or for serious incidents should be referred to the designated Child Protection Officer.
Ferndale Community School believes that its pupils that have the right to learn in a supportive, caring and safe environment without the fear of being bullied. Therefore, we take any bullying issue very seriously. We also look to offer as much support to parents and pupils as we can with regard to bullying issues. Please find attached anti-bullying guidance information leaflets and posters providing advice for parents, carers and pupils on what to do if a child is being bullied.
- Are you being bullied? (English language version)
- Are you being bullied? (Welsh language version)
- Are you being bullied poster
- Is your child being bullied? Leaflet for parents (English version)
- Is your child being bullied? Leaflet for parents (Welsh version)