We are very proud of the overall quality of the uniform at Ferndale Community School. Annually it is commended by a number of external stakeholders. We kindly remind staff to emphasise to the pupils the importance of wearing the school uniform.
Students at KS3 and KS4 must wear:
|PE Kit – Girls
||PE Kit – Boys
If ill or injured pupils must provide a note to be excused. PE kit must still be worn during the lesson even if ill or injured.
School uniform is available at U Design based in Treorchy and Ystrad and D-Zine Ferndale.
Pupils may wear:
- One pair of earrings in the lower ear lobe of each ear.
- A watch.
- One ring.
Pupils are NOT allowed to wear:
- Alternative items to those described.
- Hats or caps (in school buildings).
- Any other form of jewellery.
- Make-up or nail varnish.
- Abnormal hair colours e.g. green/purple/red.
- Extreme hair styles deemed inappropriate by the school e.g. Mohican.
- Hair beads or other decorative hair accessories. Slides, band , ties may be worn to hold hair in a safe position or style but be a subdued colour to blend in with school uniform.
- Any deviation from school policy on appearance (e.g. for religious or medical grounds) must be agreed with your Tutor.